Dear America: Better Read The Fine Print On Your Credit Card Statement

Spread the love

Everyone is probably familiar with those disclosures on your credit card statement. That will usually say you have 27 years to pay off a debt, if you make the minimum payment. People might not be aware of it, but our credit debt as a nation comes with a disclosure. The minimum payment option is bad because you accrue a lot of interest that way.

Key Takeaways:

  • America’s “credit card”–our national debt–clearly, any credit line expanding this fast will bankrupt the borrower, regardless of their income.
  • According to the Grandfather national debt chart with the USDebtClock data, the annual interest bill is $3 trillion.
  • About 80% of the population are net payers of interest while the other 20% are net receivers of interest.

“Governments cannot reduce their debt or deficits and central banks cannot taper.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-21/dear-america-better-read-fine-print-your-credit-card-statement

No Comments

Leave a Reply